National Refining Time Line
General offices, Hanna Building, Euclid and E. 14th,
Refineries at Coffeyville, Kansas and Findlay,
President Paul Ryan
As part of its marketing modernization program, National
adopts a new color scheme - ivory and green, instead of the yellow and
black long familiar at EN-AR-CO stations. The boy and slate signs will
be retained but dropped from the hanging signs to be replaced with new
square, ivory and green signs, hung at the
E. G. Hill is elected president December 1938. To be effective January
1, 1939. W.H. Lamprecht II becomes chairman of the board.
Paul Ryan is elected new president of the company, in June.
The company owns 335 stations and has 1800 other retail outlets.
As part of the modernization program the Marietta,
Ohio refinery will close, be dismantled and moved to the refinery
in Findlay, Ohio.